Sunday, September 27, 2009

Quick Trip

So in the middle of August I made a quick weekend trip home to see my whole family (Except for nicholas and Courtney who couldn't make it! ) But Melissa and her whole fam came up from Texas so I decided to make a quick jaunt home. It was so much fun, but it was FREEZING! And of course the one weekend I leave Milwaukee, it is one of the first nice weekends they had all summer. Oh well- I still loved being able to go home.

My brother Michael is one of the most hard-core Republicans I have ever met, so as a little joke we placed this bumper sticker on his van. He didn't notice for over a day, and drove the van around town-even to church. It was hilarious. Maybe he's a secret Obama admirer....Yeah right.


What perfect timing! The Fair was going on at the weekend we were all together and if anybody knows my family, we LOVE the fair. It is a summer tradition and I'm so glad I was able to be there for it. But let me remind you how COLD it was. It was in the 50's in the middle of August. I cannot remember EVER going to the fair wearing winter coats and bringing blankets to watch the rodeo.
Dad was such a good sport holding all our coats and purses while we went on the Zipper. I went with my Mom and we had so much fun! I forget how much I love that ride.





I have always wondered what I might look like when I'm pregnant....


The fair was complete with a trip to the rodeo.

Alot of our cousins were in town as well so we had a big BBQ with everyone at my parents' house. It was so fun to see everyone.
I have the cutest nieces and nephews ever. Love 'em all.











2 comments:

Chris and Christina said...

oh my gosh, i'm so jealous that you rode the zipper. I haven't done that in years. Secondly i'm sad that i didn't get to see you. bummer! oh well, christmas it is!

Melissa said...

So much fun, wish I could zap us back there! I've got some cute pictures, just need to get my buns in gear and upload them all~that picture of obama michael is my fav :)
Love ya almost birthday girl!