Sunday, July 10, 2011

Snowed In and Chicago

We got a HUGE blizzard in February. We woke up at 5:30 in the morning to see what the damage was outside and it was incredible. The streets were covered in 3 feet of snow and the drifts were taller than me. Dave was supposed to be to the hospital by 7, and there was no way that was happening. The city was in a state of emergency and no one could go anywhere until about noon. My work was cancelled so I stayed home all day and Dave was finally able to get to work around noon. Crazy winters in the Midwest!

Early in March, my brother Nicholas had training in Chicago so we met him down there for the weekend and Kristin joined us from Carbondale. We had lots of fun and laughs and were so glad to be together again.






1 comment:

Alyse and Bob said...

I can't believe how much snow you guys got. We had our first snow day this winter for the first time in over 10 years.