Saturday, September 3, 2011

A Brief Retirement

It was actually really hard for me to leave work- not because I was sad to quit working for awhile, but because I knew I would not find better co-workers than I had in Milwaukee. Luckily, I have been blessed to be working with more amazing people here in Michigan. My friends at M&I threw me a great going away party and I miss them lots.

Mr. Endl was a customer who came to see me everyday. He lost his wife a couple of years ago and he was a very lonely man, but the sweetest guy. He told me stories from when he was POW in World War 2, brought me lots of chocolate, and kept me company alot. He would come to me for everything- learning how to work his cell phone, helping him find his lost girlfriend, and all sorts of other things. I was glad to help him and we grew really close. I miss seeing him and hearing about his day. He told me I was the granddaughter he never had.
Cory was one of my favorite people at work. She reminded me alot of my Mom and made me laugh alot.
These were my Vampire Diaries crew. Jo and I were making a "V" sign, not a peace sign. We spent many a Friday morning discussing the latest episode and getting together on the weekends to watch them together.
Jo and Janelle- the bankers I worked with. I'm sure we did more talking, blog stalking, and eating more than work, but we grew close and I miss these ladies and we have some great memories.
I decided to throw this picture in too. Dave grew really close to alot of his young men, particularly Danny Scaife. Dave helped Danny finish his eagle project and I was so proud of both of them. They put in countless hours to the project and Danny was a dinner guest in our house for many nights. Way to go guys!

No comments: